PQS to Present “Trends in Pharmacy Quality & Considerations for Improvement” at the 2018 PQA Annual Meeting
May 4, 2018-On Thursday, May 17th, at the PQA Annual Meeting in Baltimore, PQS will be presenting Trends in Pharmacy Quality & Considerations for Improvement in two sessions. Here is the information on the discussion below.
Trends in Pharmacy Quality & Considerations for Improvement
Session 1 – 11:00am – 11:35am
Session 2 – 11:45am – 12:20pm (repeated)
- Todd Sega, PharmD, Vice President of Client Relations & Services, Pharmacy Quality Solutions
- Over the past 5 years, the PQA measures within Medicare Part D have been gaining increased importance for both health plans and pharmacies. As greater importance is placed on improvement related to these measures, it becomes important to understand performance trends, and key patient-level details that may impact or guide improvement strategies. For example, across large populations, it becomes important to understand how issues such as poly-pharmacy and seasonal residence may impact measure performance. Additionally, how might performance be impacted by patients that switch to different target products within a calendar year? This session will quantify key performance trends and reveal potential actions for health plans and pharmacies to take that may help guide improvement strategies.
- Describe operational approaches that community pharmacies may take to help increase performance
- Explain the impact of seasonal residence on medication adherence measures and what strategies may exist to help maintain adherence
- Describe how switching medications among target fills for adherence measures may impact adherence
- Recognize the impact and correlation of the Statin Use in Persons with Diabetes Measure with the diabetes adherence measure