Title: Data Science Analyst Reports to: Director, Information Services
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
As a member of the PQS Information Services team, the Data Science Analyst will be responsible for data analysis related to product development, client support, and industry publication. The ideal candidate is proficient at using large data sets to derive insights and propose new questions to be answered in an effort to advance the company’s industry position, product value, and service delivery.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with teams throughout the company to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business growth including evaluating and recommending statistical assessment methodologies based on client needs.
- Assess new data gathering opportunities and means for leveraging new external data sources.
- Analyze data from company databases to drive product development and marketing and communication strategies.
- Develop custom models to apply to existing data sets to advance the company’s analytical capabilities.
- Prepare client-facing reports incorporating statistical analyses.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze data quality and reliability.
- At least 1-3 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Master’s degree or PhD in statistics or related quantitative field.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to execute research projects and translate the results into operational or analytical solutions to problems.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL preferred) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.).
- Fluency with healthcare data is preferred.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and acquire new technical skills.
- Excellent work ethic, including the ability to achieve with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
- Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pharmacy Quality Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.