Pharmacy Quality Solutions, Inc., (PQS) congratulates the University of Kentucky Pharmacy School team for winning first place in the second annual Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA) Healthcare Quality Innovation Challenge (HQIC). This award presentation took place during the PQA19 Annual Meeting May 15-17, 2019.
The HQIC is an event open to pharmacy schools across the country interested in leveraging technology to create a solution to improve healthcare quality with a focus on measurement. The pharmacy teams that participate can collaborate on new and improved ways to advance quality measures in specific areas. This year’s topics included optimizing polypharmacy, improving primary medication non-adherence, and sharing patient out-of-pocket medication price with the healthcare team at initial encounter. Pharmacy school participants were rated on team presentations and their ability to answer questions from the judges’ panel. PQS has been a proud sponsor for the HQIC event both years.
PQS applauds all three finalist teams: University of Kentucky (1st place); University of California, San Francisco (2nd place); and University of Arizona (3rd place). Finalists competed and presented in front of a panel of judges and attendees on May 17, 2019.
Captions for Photos Above:
- Picture 1: PQS CEO Jeff Newell, RPh
- Picture 2: University of Arizona. From left: Michael Fan, Colton Dabney
- Picture 3: Judges Panel: Molly Ekstrand, RPh, BCACP, AE-C, Medication Management Program Manager, Park Nicollet Health Services; Steven Gilbert, BCPS, BCGP, MBA, CPHQ, Vice-President, Performance Improvement, Tabula Rasa Healthcare; Jonathan W. Magness, PharmD, Senior Director, Medicare Part D, Clinical Pharmacy Operations & Residency Program Director, Magellan Rx Management; Bhavesh Modi, RPh, Vice President, Pharmacy, Healthfirst; Bryce T. Platt, PharmD, RPh, Postdoctoral Fellow, Population Health Management, Omnicell, Inc
- Picture 4: University of California San Francisco. From left, Kennedy Ngotran, Nkiruka Oragwam, Binh Pham
- Picture 5: University of Kentucky. From left, John Brown, Kailyn Conner, Noor Naffakh
- Picture 6: PQS CEO Jeff Newell, RPh stands with University of Kentucky winners. From left, John Brown, Kailyn Conner, Noor Naffakh