Quality Corner Show Host and PQS Senior Manager of Pharmacy Accounts, Nick Dorich, PharmD discusses treatment and access for opioid use disorder with Daniel Ventricelli, PharmD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences and Casey Walker, PharmD, RPh, PGY-1 Behavioral Health Pharmacy Resident at the University of the Sciences.
Ventricelli spoke about the need for increased access to buprenorphine and Walker talked about the stigma around opioid use disorder. Use the embedded media player below to listen to the full episode 24 “Treatment and Access for Opioid Use Disorder.”
Many resources were cited during this conversation and those are listed below:
- APhA’s opioid resource center https://aphanet.pharmacist.com/opioid-use-and-misuse-resource-center
- Recovery Research Institute: https://www.recoveryanswers.org/addiction-ary/
- Prescribe to Prevent: https://prescribetoprevent.org/
- Recent paper leveraging pharmacists to expand buprenorphine access amit Covid-19 pandemic
- Peckham AM, Ball J, Colvard MD, Dadiomov D, Hill LG, Nichols SD, Tallian K, Ventricelli DJ, Tran TH. Leveraging pharmacists to maintain and extend buprenorphine supply for opioid use disorder amid COVID-19 pandemic. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2021 Jan 7:zxab003. doi: 10.1093/ajhp/zxab003. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33411894.
- Paper on policy related changes
Contact Casey Walker: LinkedIn