Title: Business Analyst Reports to: Manager, Performance Measurement
Location: Durham, NC, Pittsburgh, PA or Remote
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
Pharmacy Quality Solutions (PQS) exists to help manage performance information between payers and providers so patients and members can receive the highest quality of care. PQS is the leading provider of performance management services for payer and pharmacy organizations, delivering the quality insights and guidance necessary to support our customers’ efforts to optimize the quality of medication management and use for the populations they serve. More simply put, we bridge the communication gap between Pharmacies and Payers to help people achieve better health outcomes. Employees at PQS have the unique opportunity to engage with not only a multitude of Health Plans or Payers and the largest PBM’s in the marketplace, but also with over 65,000 retail pharmacies across the country.
Currently everyone works remotely, but PQS has two office locations: Pittsburgh, PA and Durham, NC. Team members have the option to work from either location or remotely. The Pittsburgh office is home to many folks on the information services team and the Durham office houses most of our Client facing team. The remainder of the team is split between both offices or works remotely full time. Even though our teams are widespread, our company culture and our PEOPLE keep us connected, energized and innovative.
At PQS, we believe it is imperative for Payers and Pharmacies to share a “common language”. PQS’ mission is to use quality metrics as this common language to engage all our clients effectively to foster better communication and health outcomes for real people. These people, or patients, are the individuals that pharmacies are serving and caring for regularly which happen to be the same people, or members, that Payers are working with to improve their health and wellbeing. PQS helps our clients achieve this through our primary, web-based product, EQuIPP®.
To help PQS continue to bridge this communication gap, we are looking for someone that can embrace our innovative, creative, data driven culture to engage with our clients. We are a small, yet agile company where we can easily take ideas and turn them into realities. The position of Business Analyst is tasked with just that; using data to tell a story that will help communicate to our clients in new, creative ways that continue to improve health care. Reporting directly to the Manager, Performance Measurement, you will work primarily with our Client Services and Strategy and Development teams to enhance relationships with clients by unlocking the full potential of their data. This position will be responsible for creating reports and dashboards that visualize key successes and opportunities for the Client Services team. Activities involve data analysis and visualization, quality assurance testing, and documentation.
What We Are Looking for: You are experienced in data analysis and data visualization. You can use your years of experience with SQL, Microsoft Excel, and Tableau to access, analyze, and tell a compelling story with data. As a technical expert, you can help structure and implement ideas into full analyses and translate results back to non-technical team members. You are detail oriented and able to document methodologies for repeatable analyses. You love learning and are committed to professional development. Most importantly, the key to the success of PQS is your ability to maintain the great culture and actively contribute across multiple teams and projects.
- Create / Execute data analyses and visualizations
- Collaborate with Client Services team to implement innovative projects
- Create repeatable processes to regularly distribute similar analyses across clients
- Support data governance to ensure consistent definitions across reports
- Work effectively with technical and non-technical team membersng as a trusted advisor on your team.
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards
- Commitment to delivering excellent services
- Work collaboratively with all PQS staff as well as its parent companies to ensure that PQS’s mission and plans are carried out successfully
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred), preferably in engineering, computer science, or math
- Previous work in healthcare and pharmacy preferred but not required
- Experience using SQL and Microsoft Office®
- Experience working with data visualization tools; Tableau preferred
- Prior experience with Python or R is beneficial but not required
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively with non-technical teammates
- Commendable work ethic, including the ability to achieve success with minimal supervision.
- Ability to observe high levels of business protocol and to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet sensitive timelines.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to creatively problem-solve
Pharmacy Quality Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: email@example.com.