Title: Cloud Engineer Reports to: VP, Software Engineering
Location: Charleston, SC/Raleigh, NC/Remote
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
Position Summary: Pharmacy Quality Solutions (PQS) exists to help manage performance information between payers and providers so patients and members can receive the highest quality of care. PQS is the leading provider of performance management services for payer and pharmacy organizations, delivering the quality insights and guidance necessary to support our customers’ efforts to optimize the quality of medication management and use for the populations they serve. More simply put, we bridge the communication gap between Pharmacies and Payers to help people achieve better health outcomes. PQS helps our clients achieve this through our primary, web-based product, EQuIPP®.
Employees at PQS have the unique opportunity to engage with not only a multitude of Health Plans or Payers and the largest PBM’s in the marketplace, but also with over 65,000 retail pharmacies across the country.
PQS has two office locations: Pittsburgh, PA and Durham, NC. Our Pittsburgh office is home to our Information Services team, Durham houses our Client facing team, and the remainder of our team works remotely from home. Even though our teams are widespread, our company culture and our people keep us connected, energized and innovative.
What We Are Looking for:
PQS is looking for a Cloud Engineer, dedicated to building out creative, innovative, and quality web-based solutions. The best candidates come to the table with not only a passion for engineering, but also the desire to cultivate a positive team culture. We are a small, yet agile company where we can easily take ideas and turn them into realities. Given that, you are willing to take risk, embrace rapid development, work across the organization and enthusiastically strive to meet client needs through a delightful software experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy Azure applications at the direction of lead architects, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for Azure solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards
- Commitment to delivering excellent services
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
- 3+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, or Google)
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected frameworks
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
- Certifications are a plus
Pharmacy Quality Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.