Title: Data Warehouse Developer Reports to: Director, Information Services
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
The Data Warehouse Developer serves as a member of the PQS Information Services team. The position will be responsible for the operation, development, and support of the PQS data warehouse and business intelligence environments. The role interacts regularly with internal PQS stakeholders in support of client deliverables and core PQS products and services.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform database management tasks, including SSIS design and implementation, T-SQL development, performance monitoring and analysis, server and database backups, and file management.
- Collaboratively generate requirements, extract and query data sources, and produce client deliverables.
- Achieve results by working across business, clinical, and technical teams, including the ability to convert business requests into technical requirements.
- Will be part of rotation to support and perform maintenance related to data warehouse and business intelligence environments outside of normal business hours.
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards and maintain a professional image for PQS.
- Commitment to delivering excellent services.
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree in Information Management, Health Administration, or other relevant field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including database management tasks, ETL development using SSIS or similar software, and Transact-SQL development. Able to create views, stored procedures, as well as other database objects and components.
- Practical experience developing and applying statistical methods and processes to data sets.
- Experience using one or more BI/data visualization tools, such as Cognos, Tableau, SAS, or Power BI is preferred.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages.
- Ability to work independently and acquire new technical skills.
- Prior experience working with healthcare information is strongly preferred.
- Excellent work ethic, including the ability to achieve with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
- Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Pharmacy Quality Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.