Title: Director, Client Engagement Reports to: VP, Client Services
Location: Durham, NC or Remote
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
Pharmacy Quality Solutions (PQS) exists to help manage performance information between payers and providers so patients and members can receive the highest quality of care. PQS is the leading provider of performance management services for payer and pharmacy organizations, delivering the quality insights and guidance necessary to support our customers’ efforts to optimize the quality of medication management and use for the populations they serve. More simply put, we bridge the communication gap between Pharmacies and Payers to help people achieve better health outcomes.
Employees at PQS have the unique opportunity to engage with not only a multitude of Health Plans or Payers and the largest PBM’s in the marketplace, but also with over 65,000 retail pharmacies across the country. That is a lot of clients!
PQS has two office locations: Pittsburgh, PA and Durham, NC. Our Pittsburgh office is home to our information services team, Durham houses our Client facing team, and the remainder of our team works remotely from home. Even though our teams are widespread, our company culture and our PEOPLE keep us connected, energized and innovative.
At PQS, we believe it is imperative for Payers and Pharmacies to share a “common language”. PQS’s mission is to use quality metrics as this common language to engage all our clients effectively to foster better communication and health outcomes for real people. These people, or patients, are the individuals that pharmacies are serving and caring for regularly which happen to be the same people, or members, that Payers are working with to improve their health and wellbeing. PQS helps our clients achieve this through our primary, web-based product, EQuIPP®.
To help PQS continue to bridge this communication gap, we are looking for someone that can embrace our innovative, creative, data driven culture to engage with our clients. We are a small, yet agile company where we can easily take ideas and turn them into realities. The position of Director, Client Engagement is tasked with just that; help clients engage with each other in new, creative ways to continue to improve health care. Reporting directly to the VP, Client Services, you will work with our Pharmacy Team, Payer Relations team, Information Services, Strategy and Development and Product teams to build meaningful, engaging relationships and collaborations across all clients.
This position will be responsible for selling PQS services to Payers and Pharmacies and supporting clients with quality improvement strategies for their lifecycle with PQS. Activities involve sales, pipeline development, client support, client meetings, proposal development, negotiations, and closing. In addition, you will participate in industry networking and partner sponsored events to build client engagement – we call it E factor!
What We Are Looking For In You: You are a relator. You create opportunities for others while being empathetic to the business needs of all clients. You are tenacious yet thoughtful. You are diligent, responsive and thorough. You can paint the big picture but decipher the intricacies of execution. You can hold a conversation with executives with confidence. You are not afraid of presenting to large or small groups. You have a passion for helping others tell their story through data and are highly motivated, productive and organized. You have the ability to build trust and meaningful relationships with key stakeholders to understand the ever-changing landscape of healthcare in a pursuit to connect clients to the right support, at the right time and to craft a story for the win.
- Lead PQS Client business and new product sales and development
- See the new product or service development from conception to completion alongside the Project Management team
- Identify new business opportunities related to EQuIPP®
- Design and lead expansion of reporting capabilities for clients and utilization of EQuIPP®
- Lead new client leads, cultivation and follow through
- Use Salesforce to guide this process for you and your teams
- Oversee all development and execution of contracts for Payer and Pharmacy clients
- Establish service levels for all clients and improve engagement/embeddedness with EQuIPP® performance information
- Work on that E factor!
- Consistently maintain positive working relationships with clients and potential clients
- Develop tailored approaches to manage relationships based on client needs
- Provide client specific guidance on adoption of quality improvement processes that can impact performance measurement scores
- Assist the Senior Management Team on specific projects and strategic plans
- Significant travel is required
- Approximately 40% of the time will be spent out of the office
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards
- Work collaboratively with all PQS staff as well as its parent companies to ensure that PQS’s mission and plans are carried out successfully
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years in Healthcare, specifically in either Managed Care or Pharmacy
- Solid understanding of quality measurement for medication use and management
- Medicare Stars, HEDIS and/or pharmacy clinical services
- Excellent communication and presentation skills coupled with the ability to build/maintain customer relationships at the highest level
- Commendable work ethic, including the ability to achieve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to observe high levels of business protocol and to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet sensitive timelines.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to creatively problem-solve
How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: email@example.com. At PQS, our people drive our organization to be the industry gold standard. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.