Title: Intermediate Database Administrator Reports to: VP, Information Services
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
Position Summary: Pharmacy Quality Solutions (PQS) exists to help manage performance information between payers and providers so patients and members can receive the highest quality of care. PQS is the leading provider of performance management services for payer and pharmacy organizations, delivering the quality insights and guidance necessary to support our customers’ efforts to optimize the quality of medication management and use for the populations they serve. More simply put, we bridge the communication gap between Pharmacies and Payers to help people achieve better health outcomes.
Employees at PQS have the unique opportunity to engage with not only a multitude of Health Plans or Payers and the largest PBM’s in the marketplace, but also with over 65,000 retail pharmacies across the country.
PQS has two office locations: Pittsburgh, PA and Durham, NC. Our Pittsburgh office is home to our Information Services team, Durham houses our Client facing team, and the remainder of our team works remotely from home. Even though our teams are widespread, our company culture and our people keep us connected, energized and innovative.
At PQS, we believe it is imperative for Payers and Pharmacies to share a “common language”. PQS’ mission is to use quality metrics as this common language to engage all our clients effectively to foster better communication and health outcomes for real people. These people, or patients, are the individuals that pharmacies are serving and caring for regularly which happen to be the same people, or members, that Payers are working with to improve their health and wellbeing. PQS helps our clients achieve this through our primary, web-based product, EQuIPP®.
To help PQS continue to bridge this communication gap, we are looking for someone that can embrace our innovative, creative, data driven culture to engage with our clients. We are a small, yet agile company where we can easily take ideas and turn them into realities. The position of Database Administrator is tasked with maintaining and organizing the vast amount of data which is in house at PQS. As we all know data can be messy but when properly organized in a way that allows quick and reliable access it is very powerful. Reporting directly to the VP, Information Services, you will work with our Pharmacy Team, Payer Relations team, Strategy team, Development team, and Product teams to help tell our story which leads to better patient care.
What We Are Looking For In You: You are focused on maintaining all the pieces to support our data environment. You are able to use your years of experience with databases to solve the problems that arise storing large data sets in a relational model. You solve these problems and come up with new ideas by the deadline date, but never sacrifice quality to hit that date. Finally, you have the ability to mentor junior staff and maintain the great culture that PQS has worked so hard to build. The key to the success of PQS is your active contributions across multiple teams and projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, and maintain databases to support reporting as well as customer facing systems.
- Setup and manage databases in a SQL Server 2016 environment
- Expertise in performance tuning/optimization
- Perform future upgrades from SQL Server 2016 to SQL Server 2019
- Create and maintain database objects such as tables, indexes, triggers and stored procedures
- Manage and maintain databases supporting 3rd party systems hosted by PQS
- Manage backups, restores, and recoveries, high availability, and disaster recovery scenarios utilizing Cohesity
- Understand and maintain communication in a hybrid Azure environment with on premise databases as well as databases hosted within an Azure environment
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards
- Commitment to delivering excellent services
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- 2+ years’ experience in database administration
- Experience supporting an environment utilizing Informatica a plus.
- Experience with data architecture a plus
- Azure experience a plus
- MySQL experience a plus
- Exceptional communications, presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Strong organizational, analytic, research and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet sensitive timelines.
Pharmacy Quality Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: email@example.com.