Title: Quality Assurance Analyst Reports to: Director of Product Development
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Remote
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
Position Summary: Pharmacy Quality Solutions (PQS) exists to help manage performance information between payers and providers so patients and members can receive the highest quality of care. PQS is the leading provider of performance management services for payer and pharmacy organizations, delivering the quality insights and guidance necessary to support our customers’ efforts to optimize the quality of medication management and use for the populations they serve. More simply put, we bridge the communication gap between Pharmacies and Payers to help people achieve better health outcomes.
Employees at PQS have the unique opportunity to engage with not only a multitude of Health Plans or Payers and the largest PBM’s in the marketplace, but also with over 65,000 retail pharmacies across the country.
PQS has two office locations: Pittsburgh, PA and Durham, NC. Our Pittsburgh office is home to our Information Services team, Durham houses our Client facing team, and the remainder of our team works remotely from home. Even though our teams are widespread, our company culture and our people keep us connected, energized and innovative.
At PQS, we believe it is imperative for Payers and Pharmacies to share a “common language”. PQS’ mission is to use quality metrics as this common language to engage all our clients effectively to foster better communication and health outcomes for real people. These people, or patients, are the individuals that pharmacies are serving and caring for regularly which happen to be the same people, or members, that Payers are working with to improve their health and wellbeing. PQS helps our clients achieve this through our primary, web-based product, EQuIPP®.
To help PQS continue to bridge this communication gap, we are looking for someone that can embrace our innovative, creative, data driven culture to engage with our clients. We are a small, yet agile company where we can easily take ideas and turn them into realities. The position of Quality Assurance Analyst is tasked with the testing phase of the production process to ensure that the deliverables are accurate and meet the client’s needs. As we all know data can be messy but when properly cleansed and organized there is real power in the story that the data can tell. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will work with our Information Services Team, Pharmacy Team, Payer Relations team, and Strategy and Development and Product teams to provide data which leads to better patient care.
What We Are Looking For In You
You are detail oriented. You can use your years of experience to generate test scenarios, perform testing, and maintain thorough documentation. You perform in-depth analysis, troubleshoot issues, and identify opportunities for improvement. The key to the success of PQS is your ability to maintain the great culture of PQS and actively contribute across multiple teams and projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in the full systems lifecycle using scrum and other agile methodologies
- Document, execute, and obtain approval on test scenarios to ensure that requirements have been met and that the deliverable meets the user’s needs
- Create repeatable processes and artifacts that are consistent and deliver value
- Investigate customer complaints and noncompliance issues
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement
- Understand the current business process and guide the definition of the future state process
- Work effectively with technical and non-technical team members and customers
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards
- Commitment to delivering excellent services
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Technical background or technical degree required, including 3-5 years of experience
- Experiencing testing Informatica
- Experience with a data warehouse
- Fluency in SQL, Python experience a bonus
- Working knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Pharmacy Quality Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: email@example.com.