Title: Senior Data Engineer Reports to: Team Lead of Data Engineering
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
Pharmacy Quality Solutions (PQS) exists to help manage performance information between payers and providers so patients and members can receive the highest quality of care. PQS is the leading provider of performance management services for payer and pharmacy organizations, delivering the quality insights and guidance necessary to support our customers’ efforts to optimize the quality of medication management and use for the populations they serve. More simply put, we bridge the communication gap between Pharmacies and Payers to help people achieve better health outcomes.
Employees at PQS have the unique opportunity to engage with not only a multitude of Health Plans or Payers and the largest PBM’s in the marketplace, but also with over 65,000 retail pharmacies across the country.
PQS has two office locations: Pittsburgh, PA and Durham, NC. Our Pittsburgh office is home to our Information Services team, Durham houses our Client facing team, and the remainder of our team works remotely from home. Even though our teams are widespread, our company culture and our people keep us connected, energized and innovative.
At PQS, we believe it is imperative for Payers and Pharmacies to share a “common language”. PQS’ mission is to use quality metrics as this common language to engage all our clients effectively to foster better communication and health outcomes for real people. These people, or patients, are the individuals that pharmacies are serving and caring for regularly which happen to be the same people, or members, that Payers are working with to improve their health and wellbeing. PQS helps our clients achieve this through our primary, web-based product, EQuIPP®.
To help PQS continue to bridge this communication gap, we are looking for someone that can embrace our innovative, creative, data driven culture to engage with our clients. We are a small, yet agile company where we can easily take ideas and turn them into realities. The position of Senior Data Engineer is tasked molding the very large data set that PQS possesses into a product that can help our clients. As we all know data can be messy but when properly cleansed and organized there is real power in the story that the data can tell. Reporting directly to the Lead Data Engineer, you will work with our Pharmacy Team, Payer Relations team, and Strategy and Development and Product teams to build help tell the story which leads to better patient care.
What We Are Looking For In You
You are data focused. You are able to use your years of experience with data to solve the problems that arise. You solve these problems and come up with new ideas by the deadline date, but never sacrifice quality to hit that date. Finally, you have the ability to mentor junior staff and maintain the great culture that PQS has worked so hard to build. The key to the success of PQS is your active contributions across multiple teams and projects.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Collaboratively generate requirements, extract and query data sources, and produce client deliverables. The primary focus of the extraction will be using Informatica as well as SSIS. When needed scripts and dynamic SQL should also be available for use.
- Achieve results by working across business, clinical, and technical teams, including the ability to convert business requests into technical requirements
- Will be part of rotation to support and troubleshoot issues related to data warehouse and business intelligence environments outside of normal business hours.
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards
- Commitment to delivering excellent services
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a data warehousing utilizing Informatica, preferably in the healthcare space.
- Experience using one or more BI/data visualization tools, such as Cognos, Tableau, SAS, or Power BI is a plus.
- ETL processes involving cloud architecture is a plus.
- Agile Development experience.
- Exceptional communications, presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Strong organizational, analytic, research and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet sensitive timelines.
How to Apply:
- Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pharmacy Quality Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.