Title: Software Engineer I Reports to: SVP, Technology
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
We at PQS believe that improving patient health outcomes starts with quality measurement. With our flagship technology platform EQUIPP® as the foundation, we connect payers and providers who value measurement and share our mission to contribute to a healthier world.
We are small and nimble company, with the ability to deliver big impact. We connect major healthcare payers with 95% of pharmacies to serve millions of patients in performance-based programs managed by pharmacists. Managing and analyzing data for nearly 60 million lives, we give providers and payers insights to understand quality improvement opportunities. We care about elevating the role of pharmacy to make a difference in patient quality of life and hope that you do too!
As a Software Engineer, you will report to the SVP, Technology and work closely with the Engineering team.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and install software solutions. Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages, like Java, Ruby on Rails or .NET programming languages (e.g. C++ or JScript.NET.). Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
The specific responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Java, C#, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Angular, JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
You are the right person for PQS if you…
- Thrive working in a small company environment where you can make a difference.
- Have an entrepreneurship mindset.
- Are innovative in your approach to work.
- Are nimble in techniques to meet the needs of the business.
- Have commitment to delivering excellent services.
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards and maintain a professional image for PQS.
- Travel at a minimum of once a year, but can be up to once a quarter for Team Meetings or as business needs require
PQS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
PQS is a small healthcare technology company with 40-60 employees.
How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.