Title: Software Engineer II Reports to: SVP, Technology
Location: Charleston, SC / Raleigh, NC / Remote
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
We at PQS believe that improving patient health outcomes starts with quality measurement. With our flagship technology platform EQUIPP® as the foundation, we connect payers and providers who value measurement and share our mission to contribute to a healthier world.
We are small and nimble company, with the ability to deliver big impact. We connect major healthcare payers with 95% of pharmacies to serve millions of patients in performance-based programs managed by pharmacists. Managing and analyzing data for nearly 60 million lives, we give providers and payers insights to understand quality improvement opportunities. We care about elevating the role of pharmacy to make a difference in patient quality of life and hope that you do too!
As a Software Engineer, you will report to the SVP, Technology and work closely with the Engineering team.
You will be responsible for building out creative, innovative, and quality web-based solutions. The best candidates come to the table with not only a passion for engineering, but also the desire to cultivate a positive team culture. We are a small, yet agile company where we can easily take ideas and turn them into realities. Given that, you are willing to take risk, embrace rapid development, work across the organization and enthusiastically strive to meet client needs through a delightful software experience.
The specific responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop web applications, prototypes, & proofs of concept
- Work with your engineering team using TDD and Agile best practices
- Produce efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Collaborate with management, departments and customers to identify end-user requirements and specification
- Develop technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail when serving as a trusted advisor on your team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or information technology
- 3+ years experience engineering software and networking platforms
- 3+ years experience (professional and academic) with Object oriented languages
- 3+ years experience working with web based front-end languages
- 3+ years experience working with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Proven ability to document design processes, including development, tests, analytics, and troubleshooting
- Experience with rapid development cycles in a web-based environment
- Experience with test automation
Outstanding candidates will have…
- C# and Angular experience
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps toolsets
You are the right person for PQS if you…
- Thrive working in a small company environment where you can make a difference.
- Have an entrepreneurship mindset.
- Are innovative in your approach to work.
- Are nimble in techniques to meet the needs of the business.
- Have commitment to delivering excellent services.
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards and maintain a professional image for PQS.
PQS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
PQS is a small healthcare technology company with 40-60 employees.
How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.