Title: Software Engineer Reports to: VP, Software Engineering
Location: Charleston, SC / Raleigh, NC / Remote
Employment Status: Full Time Exempt
Pharmacy Quality Solutions (PQS) exists to help manage performance information between payers and providers so patients and members can receive the highest quality of care. PQS is the leading provider of performance management services for payer and pharmacy organizations, delivering the quality insights and guidance necessary to support our customers’ efforts to optimize the quality of medication management and use for the populations they serve. More simply put, we bridge the communication gap between Pharmacies and Payers to help people achieve better health outcomes. PQS helps our clients achieve this through our primary, web-based product, EQuIPP®.
Employees at PQS have the unique opportunity to engage with not only a multitude of Health Plans or Payers and the largest PBM’s in the marketplace, but also with over 65,000 retail pharmacies across the country.
PQS has two office locations: Pittsburgh, PA and Durham, NC. Our Pittsburgh office is home to our Information Services team, Durham houses our Client facing team, and the remainder of our team works remotely from home. Even though our teams are widespread, our company culture and our people keep us connected, energized and innovative.
What We Are Looking for: PQS is looking for a Software Engineer, dedicated to building out creative, innovative, and quality web-based solutions. The best candidates come to the table with not only a passion for engineering, but also the desire to cultivate a positive team culture. We are a small, yet agile company where we can easily take ideas and turn them into realities. Given that, you are willing to take risk, embrace rapid development, work across the organization and enthusiastically strive to meet client needs through a delightful software experience.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Developing web applications, prototypes, & proofs of concept
- Working with your engineering team using TDD and Agile best practices
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Collaborating with management, departments and customers to identify end-user requirements and specification
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Providing critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail when serving as a trusted advisor on your team.
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards
- Commitment to delivering excellent services
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or information technology
- 3+ years experience engineering software and networking platforms
- 3+ years experience (professional and academic) with Object oriented languages (C# preferred)
- 3+ years experience working with web based front-end languages (Angular 2 preferred)
- 3+ years experience working with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Proven ability to document design processes, including development, tests, analytics, and troubleshooting
- Experience with rapid development cycles in a web-based environment
- Experience with test automation
Pharmacy Quality Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.