Title: Project Manager Reports to: Director, Analytics and Program Development
Employment Status: Full-Time Exempt
We at PQS believe that improving patient health outcomes starts with quality measurement. With our flagship technology platform EQUIPP® as the foundation, we connect payers and providers who share our mission to contribute to a healthier world through quality measurement.
We are small and nimble company, with the ability to deliver big impact. We connect major healthcare payers with 95% of pharmacies to serve millions of patients in performance-based programs managed by pharmacists. Managing and analyzing data for nearly 60 million lives, we give providers and payers insights to understand quality improvement opportunities. We care about elevating the role of pharmacy to make a difference in patient quality of life and hope that you do too!
As Project Manager, you will report to the Director of Data Analytics and Program Development and work closely with different functional groups.
You will be responsible for planning and contributing to the execution of projects, resources, and deadlines. This will include coordinating the efforts of teams and potentially third-party organizations, defining the objectives and milestones, holding team members accountable to deliver projects to plan, and overseeing quality control thought the project life cycle. You will apply proven communication, management, coordination, analytical, and problem-solving skills to support optimal project outcomes.
The specific responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop project plans, including but not limited to timelines, resources needed, dependencies, risks, and deliverables.
- Coordinate with Product Managers to delegate tasks on the project to team members best positioned to complete them.
- Update project plans through the course of project implementation, including keeping task requirements up to date and organized.
- Assist with the development of project requirements and ensure requirements stay up to date. Obtain approval from the appropriate parties.
- Lead without authority to hold team members accountable for project tasks.
- Work with the Product Management team to manage the project scope to ensure that all deliverables are being met or exceeded. Escalate issues to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress the project.
- As needed, serve as the point of contact for teams when multiple departments are assigned to the same project to ensure actions remain in synergy.
- Communicate early with your manager to keep the project aligned with their goals, strategic objectives, and timeline, and to adjust project plans as needed.
- Document and communicate decisions related to projects.
- Perform quality control on the project throughout the development to maintain the standards expected before project delivery.
- Identify potential risks and issues early in the project lifecycle and develop mitigation strategies to minimize the impact on project delivery.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of proven Project Management experience driving projects to completion.
- Experience working with different functional teams, including business stakeholders, engineers, and other technical groups.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain relationships with solid interpersonal skills.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong focus and attention to detail.
Ability to prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
Outstanding candidates will have:
- Experience in delivering web-based applications.
- Experience with Agile management.
- SQL coding experience, or other database-related knowledge/experience.
- PMP Certification.
- Experience in pharmacy or another healthcare discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Pharmacy or related degree.
You are the right person for PQS if you:
- Thrive working in a small company environment where you can make a difference.
- Are flexible to take on and support new tasks as your manager requires.
- Are innovative in your approach to work.
- Are nimble in techniques to meet the needs of the business.
- Have commitment to delivering excellent services.
- Fulfill role and responsibilities at the highest ethical standards and maintain a professional image for PQS.
- Travel at a minimum of once a year but can be up to once a quarter for Team Meetings or as business needs require.
PQS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
PQS is a small healthcare technology company with 40-60 employees.
Salary Range $65,000-$75,000
How to Apply: Resume and cover letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Origination/Revision Date: September 2023